GoFundMe photo

DELAVAN — A Delavan woman lost everything in a fire the day after Thanksgiving, and now her family has launched a GoFundMe account to help her get back on her feet.

“After years of struggling between different jobs, housing and financial stability my mother in law finally had a house to call home,” wrote Bryan Schindler of Milwaukee. “The first one in nearly 10 years.”

But when Janet Bain came home on the afternoon of Nov. 25, she found her garage ablaze.

She managed to get Schindler’ brother-in-law and 1 year old pup out of the home, before escaping the flames with only her vehicle.

Schindler says she has lost everything else — clothes, memorabilia, photo albums, electronics, Christmas and birthday gifts.

The fundraiser hopes to raise money help them get some of the essentials they have lost, clothes, shoes, coats, food, etc.


As of Monday, $1,735 has been raised of a $5,000 goal.

By Dan Plutchak

Dan Plutchak launched Walworth County Community News in 2021. He is the former editor of The Week and Walworth County Sunday.